- Recently Ancestry.com has added a whole slew of indexing for 3rd party websites. [Like Findagrave.com but not Findagrave.com.] Handy for those with an Ancestry.com tree & have never found and used these 3rd party websites [usually a genealogical society who has indexed records and provides free access to them]. When you click on them, search them on Ancestry, find something you think you need, & then give that a click to "see" it, you're taken to the 3rd party website. [My hint then would be to EXPLORE that site fully for more clues. And find out if they do look-ups.] Ancestry added indexing for the Netherlands and the US states of Washington, Michigan, South Dakota, Ohio, Indiana, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Illinois, and Tennessee. They also updated the following already-existing-on-Ancestry.com databases for Ontario & Nova Scotia, England & Wales, and the US state of Vermont.
- Rootsmagic has a special holiday offer for their popular software.
- CeCe from Your Genetic Genealogist [and mine too ;) ], has all the latest updates from and about Family Tree DNA (FTDNA).
- Have research to do across the proverbial pond? Lots of recent online updates for the area courtesy of Chris from The British GENES Blog: the British Newspaper Archives, the Manorial Documents Register, the Caerphilly Civil Registration Records, the completion of the Ordnance Survey Name Books on ScotlandsPlace.gov.uk, the Scottish OS One Inch Hills Maps by the National Library of Scotland, and the Fleischmann Diaries Archive.
- Diane of the One Rhode Island Family blog outlines how she prepared for a visit to the Daughters of the American Revolution Library in Washington, D.C. [Excellent!]
- Yesterday, FamilySearch.org updated or added records for the following: Czech Republic, Germany, Italy, New Zealand, Peru, South Africa, Venezuela, and the US state of New York (Queens County).
- And USGenweb volunteer contributors uploaded 164 files yesterday for the following US states: Alabama, California, Florida, Illinois, Michigan, New York, Virginia, and Wisconsin.
Other things that might interest you. Maybe. Maybe not. But maybe.
© Copyright 2013 4YourFamilyStory.com -- All Rights Reserved.