- Fold3 has made access to their Civil War Collection FREE through April 30th. [Today is partially brought to you by the word FREE. All of this, of course, is brought to you by the power of coffee. ;) ]
- And then from Claire on Irish Genealogy News: Irish Newspapers Archives has made access to their online collection FREE for just today; Genes Reunited has discounted their subscriptions for a limited time; Ireland Genealogy Projects Online has mid-April update to their online collections; and the Irish Newspapers Archives has added 2 new titles to its online collection.
- A Call for Papers has been sent out for FGS 2014's FREE Exhibit Hall Mini Session Presentations, which is brought to you by TSGS, FGS, and findmypast.com.
- The always-free #GenChat has their monthly geography-based chat this afternoon on Twitter at 3PM CT. The topic will be One Place Studies.
- The Jamboree 2014 Extension Series brings Denise Levenick's FREE webinar Caring for Keepsakes today at 6PM PT.
- Tick-tock, tick-tock: Registration for the NGS 2014 Conference and ALL Ticketed Events closes April 22, 2014. (Upfront with NGS)
- From Elizabeth on Genealogy Canada, Parish Registers Have Been Put Online.
- Yesterday, Ancestry.com added a new database to its online collection: Germany, Sachsenhausen Deaths, 1938-1942 (in German).
- FamilySearch.org added record indexes and record images for Bahamas, Brazil, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Italy, New Zealand, Peru, Spain, and the US states of Massachusetts, Missouri, Montana, North Carolina, and Tennessee. They also updated their Billiongraves, US General Index to Pensions Files, and US WWI Draft Registration Cards databases.
- USGenWeb Archives volunteer contributors uploaded various types of records yesterday for various counties in the US state of Alabama.
Other things that might interest you. Maybe. Maybe not. But maybe.
© Copyright 2014 4YourFamilyStory.com -- All Rights Reserved.