- Tim Forsythe has added a new and free tool in his toolbox for genealogists -- G-List: The GEDCOM Generations List. Check it out.
- New one-place studies have been added to the online One-Place Studies Register. Is yours listed here so others can find it? Are you, as a researcher, using One-Place Studies to solve your family history mysteries?
- Dropbox was down but no user data was lost according to The Next Web.
- On The Ancestor Hunt, Kenneth gives 26 Ways to Become a Better Historical Newspaper Researcher. [You're using newspapers for your research, right?]
- SCGS Jamboree's 45th Annual Conference was announced with 55 speakers and an all-day genetic genealogy day planned for you in Burbank!
- RootsIreland.ie has uploaded church records to their online databases for County Down and Belfast (which is mostly in County Antrim but some of Belfast is in County Down).
- Have roots in New England? You might want to follow the New England Historic Genealogical Society's new blog: Vita Brevis.
- Have Dutch ancestry? On the Dutch Genealogy blog, Yvette Hoitink wrote a very informative piece on using a little known [at least to me] resource, prostitute registers.
- The GenWeb volunteer contributors uploaded 127 files for various counties in the following US states: California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Louisiana, Michigan, and Virginia.
- The Genealogy Trails volunteer contributors recently uploaded records and info for various counties in the following US states: Oklahoma, Texas, Illinois, Delaware, Pennsylvania, and Louisiana.
- My Genealogy Hound has fully cross-linked biographies by surnames for Lauderdale County, Tennessee; Hickman County, Kentucky; and Marshall County, Kentucky. They've added more biographies for Page County, Iowa; McLean County, Illinois; Lewis County, Missouri and Pope County, Arkansas. And they've added new sections for Tipton County, Tennessee and McCracken County, Kentucky. Have they added your ancestor's biography?
Other things that might interest you. Maybe. Maybe not. But maybe.
© Copyright 2014 4YourFamilyStory.com -- All Rights Reserved.