- Register now for the NGS 2014 research trip to Allen County Public Library. Only room for 25 attendees.
- What a wonderful idea for not only historical societies but genealogical societies -- seek help with preserving your collections from local college students like what the Connellsville Historical Society is doing.
- For Evernote Users: Storage Made Easy is now supporting Evernote and the Evernote blog suggests the CamScanner app for your scanning needs when storing scanned items in Evernote.
- How are you managing your passwords on your mobile devices? Tapscape.com has a good review of the winner of the 2014 CES "Best Mobile App" -- PasswordBox app.
- From The British GENES Blog, Chris has the latest additions to the Durham Records Online as well as the updates to the Scottish Monumental Inscriptions.
- From Irish Genealogy News, Claire has all the latest updates to the Ireland Genealogy Projects.
- On the Udemy blog, Richa shows you how to add Google Calendar to Outlook.
- Start timing yourself to see just how long that search "rabbit hole" took you. Knowing how much time it takes you to search "freestyle" as opposed to having a plan and working that plan might surprise you. [Or not.] There's a place, I believe, for both types of searching, but perhaps having a time limit will make you more productive. Take a look at this list of time trackers from PCWorld.com.
- The University of Arkansas Libraries released an online database of all the patents they've received. Doesn't go too far back -- begins in 1976.
- My Genealogy Hound has recently added more biographies to its online database collection for the US states of Arkansas, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Missouri, Pennsylvania, and Tennessee.
- And USGenWeb volunteer contributors uploaded 70 files yesterday of records, information, indexes, photos, etc., for various counties in the following US states: Maryland, Michigan, North Carolina, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Virginia.
Other things that might interest you. Maybe. Maybe Not. But maybe.
© Copyright 2014 4YourFamilyStory.com -- All Rights Reserved.