- Rootstech 2014 Official Speaker, Denise Levenick, gives the inside skinny on this popular upcoming conference.
- The Library of Congress gives some tips on preserving your digital holiday memories.
- Do you use Family Tree Maker? Russ shares a handy [and quite dandy] tip on web clipping from Findagrave.
- Hat tip to The Legal Genealogist for sharing this on Facebook. This past Thursday on her weekly Blogtalkradio broadcast, Research at the National Archives and Beyond, Bernice Bennett visited with Batiste Gillins about Freedmen's Bureau Records. Listen now to the recorded version.
- On Irish Genealogy News, Claire reports "IGRS Marriage Index Races Through 30,000 Milestone." And these are free to access. Plus Claire adds some additional information about researching these Irish marriage records.
- On GenVines, Janell lists the new Australian newspapers that were added to Trove recently.
- According to their Facebook Page, the East Texas Research Center has a new resource for researching African American History, the Runaway Slave Project.
- Yesterday, FamilySearch.org added or updated records for Brazil, El Slavador, Japan, Peru, the Phillipines, and the US states of: Idaho, Illinois, New York, and Washington. They also updated the US SSDI.
- USGenWeb volunteer contributors uploaded 214 files for various counties in the following US states: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Illinois, Kentucky, Michigan, North Carolina, Ohio, Vermont, and Virginia.
- I'll be adding updates here for the always-free and periodically updated site, Genealogy Trails. So you might want to take a look at it if you've never tried it out before. It started out just for Illinois, but has expanded to include contributed information and data for all of the US.
- And @GenealogyGirl shared 2 Palaeography Apps for iOS on Twitter yesterday:
Other things that might interest you. Maybe. Maybe not. But maybe.
- Did you miss the 10 genealogy things you needed to know yesterday?
- 15 iPad Apps for Genealogy & Family History
- Heritage Coasters that Tell a Family Story [Conversation starters for the holidays!]
© Copyright 2013 4YourFamilyStory.com -- All Rights Reserved.