- On Tangled Trees, T. Casteel shows how she uses the JSTOR Digital Library for her research needs. [Remember: Not everything you need to solve your family history mysteries can be found on the big database websites or in DNA testing.]
- Have Irish ancestors? From Irish Genealogy News, Claire announces the 1824 Dublin Evening Mail has been added to the British Newspaper Archive and more County Armagh records have been added to RootsIreland.
- Very sweet: The Legal Genealogist will be on NPR today. It will be available later as a podcast.
- USGenWeb volunteers uploaded 64 files of records, information, photos, etc., yesterday for various counties in various US states. However, due to a technological hiccup the only state listed was Arkansas. Haven't visited USGenWeb in a while? Check it out for FREE and search by state and/or county.
- Yesterday, Ancestry.com added to an existing database, US, Select Crews and Manifests, 1890-1961 and added a new database to their online collection, California, Marriage from Select Counties, 1850-1941. Note: the only California counties it includes are Alameda and Marin.
- And FamilySearch.org added to existing databases or added new databases yesterday record indexes and record images for Australia, Austria, Dominican Republic, England & Wales, France, Italy, and the US (1850 US Census, Slave Schedule).
Other things that might interest you. Maybe. Maybe Not. But maybe.
© Copyright 2014 4YourFamilyStory.com -- All Rights Reserved.