- Mocavo has discovered a very handy byproduct to their handwriting detection technology -- Photo Detection in Historical Documents. [Handy and dandy.]
- Readdle's Documents app's latest update integrates with the rest of their productivity apps and on the iDownload Blog, Lori gives a great review of it and the new integration. [I also talk about Readdle's productivity apps in my blog post 39 iPad Productivity Apps for Genealogy.]
- From Engadget: Google Hangouts for iOS has been updated. [I'm liking the redesign. Looks a lot better on my iPad, IMO.]
- Confused about newspaper obituaries and copyright? On Genealogy's Star, James makes some very good points about it.
- Also on Genealogy's Star, James explains how you can find your ancestor's land patent.
- Yesterday, Ancestry.com added 2 new databases to their subscription collection for New Mexico; updated indexing for an already existing 3rd party site for South Carolina; and added to an already existing database of theirs for Australia.
- Genealogy Trails volunteer contributors recently uploaded various types of records and information for various counties in the following US states: Delaware, New Hampshire, Oklahoma, Wisconsin, and Georgia. Their African American Genealogy page also had some recent updates.
- USGenWeb volunteer contributors uploaded 86 files yesterday of various types of records and information for various counties in the following US states: Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Iowa, Idaho, Louisiana, Michigan, Ohio, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia.
Other things that might interest you. Maybe. Maybe not. But maybe.
© Copyright 2014 4YourFamilyStory.com -- All Rights Reserved.