- The New York Public Library has made over 20,000 digital maps available for free download. And this post on openculture.com gives a good overview of the collection. [Hat tip to Lacey Frazier for the openculture.com reference.]
- The Legal Genealogist gives a good easy-to-understand explanation of mitochondrial DNA testing for genealogy.
- Have Irish roots? From Claire on Irish Genealogy News: The GRONI BMD online search is live now and RootsIreland has added Church of Ireland baptisms to their website.
- Have Canadian roots? From Genealogy Canada, Elizabeth has a wrap up of recent Canadian research resources she has found as well as the latest database additions to the Canadian Jewish Heritage Network.
- MyHeritage has added the Jewish Chronicle newspaper archive database to its online collection.
- Are you hoarding photos? From the Practical Archivist: "You have too many photos," and she can help you with that.
- Are you using Gmail wrong? (Mashable) [I'm not.]
- Genealogy Trails volunteer contributors recently uploaded various types of records of various counties for the following US states: Nevada, Illinois, Oklahoma, Minnesota, Georgia, Pennsylvania, New York, and Arkansas.
- USGenWeb Archives volunteer contributors uploaded various types of records yesterday of various counties for the following US states: California, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Illinois, Kansas, Michigan, North Carolina, North Dakota, New Jersey, Ohio, Texas, Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
Other things that might interest you. Maybe. Maybe not. But maybe.
© Copyright 2014 4YourFamilyStory.com -- All Rights Reserved.