- How to make this fabulously cool word cloud image? I used the Phoetic iPad app from this list of WordCloud iPad apps from UKEdChat.com. And? You can use any image you have -- like of an ancestor -- to make this kind of a word cloud image. [I can just about see names of ancestors and their locations everywhere outlining an image of an ancestor. Wouldn't that be awesome?]
- Speaking of iPads, here's a great list of 10 Things Your iPad Can Do With a Little Extra Help from Gigaom.com. [Whoa.]
- On Venture Beat, Christina reveals Coursera has finally released their iPad app with over 600 courses including ones on historical topics, writing/English topics, etc. -- all for free. [Handy and dandy.] For more information about Coursera in general, check out their website. Android version should be out soon.
- Have Irish roots? Family Roots Publishing has 10% off for a short time on these 2 Irish-related books here and here. [You'd think there was an Irish-related holiday on the horizon or something... ;) ]
- On Genea-Musings, Randy gives a look at using the sliders for searching on Ancestry.com.
- Yesterday, Ancestry.com added indexing to 3 already existing 3rd-party sites for the US states of : California, Georgia, and Alabama.
- The Indiana Genealogy Society added the following to their website: 59 Digital Files of Hendricks County Probate Records (free to public) and 4 Owen County School Records Databases (for members only).
- Genealogy Trails volunteer contributors uploaded various types of records recently for various counties in the following US states: Oklahoma, New Mexico, and Tennessee.
- USGenWeb volunteer contributors uploaded various types of records yesterday for various counties in the following US states: Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Louisiana, Michigan, Nevada, New York, Ohio, South Carolina, Texas, and Virginia.
Other things that might interest you. Maybe. Maybe not. But maybe.
© Copyright 2014 4YourFamilyStory.com -- All Rights Reserved.