- Here are some great car gadgets for genealogists-on-the-go. [You are leaving your house to do some research or grave-hunting, right?]
- For Evernote users: their Android app just got better for editing notes and here are 5 tips for using Evernote on your smartphone.
- Trying to decide which genealogy database software to use on your Mac? Tamura has a great run-down of Family Tree Maker for Mac 3 to try and help you decide.
- Changing operating systems? Getting rid of Windows? Here is a handy dandy guide to help you with that from PC World.
- MyHistro App offers stories displayed on maps.
- Have Irish ancestors? Here's the latest from Claire on Irish Genealogy News: a new Android app for the 1911 Census; recent updates and upgrades on the Irish Newspaper Archives website; a marriage register index added to Presbyterian Historical Society of Ireland [for members only]; and new online mapping software from Heritage Council.
- The Society of Genealogists announced yesterday they've added more than 12 million records online for their members. [Have they added something you need for your across-the-pond research? Should you become a member? Check out what they have to offer.]
- According to Chris on The British GENES Blog, Origins has added London Poor Law Abstracts to its databases.
- And USGenWeb volunteer contributors uploaded 137 files yesterday for various counties in the following US states: Arkansas, California, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana, Michigan, Ohio, Tennessee, and Texas.
Other things that might interest you. Maybe. Maybe not. But maybe.
© Copyright 2013 4YourFamilyStory.com -- All Rights Reserved.