- In the market for a new laptop to chase down your ancestor's stories? Engadget released their winter laptop buyer's guide yesterday to help you out with that.
- The Google Translate iOS app has added more languages to its repertoire. [CNet]
- Have Irish ancestry? From Claire on Irish Genealogy News: the spring issue of the Irish Roots Magazine has been published and Ballygilbert baptismal records have been added to Emerald Ancestors.
- For Evernote Users: On Document Snap, Brooks shows How to Move Your Evernote Database to a New Computer.
- Have New England ancestry? On Genea-Musings, Randy reports the NEHGS has added more webinars and videos to its website.
- Yesterday, Ancestry.com added indexing for some 3rd party databases found already on the web. So if you've been doing genealogy a while, you'll probably have this information. If not, then perhaps these will be new clues for you. Regardless, expect new shaky leaves on your family tree if the Ancestry.com algorithms think you have a match for any of this data in the US states of Wisconsin, Maryland, Louisiana, South Carolina, Missouri, and Ohio.
- Yesterday, FamilySearch.org updated their Billiongraves Index database; their browsable record images for Catholic Church Records in Puerto Rico; and their Estate Files for Orange Free State, South Africa.
- Genealogy Trails volunteer contributors recently uploaded files of records, clues, information, etc., for various counties in the following US states: Illinois, Delaware, Pennsylvania, and Oklahoma.
- And yesterday, USGenWeb volunteer contributors uploaded 247 files of records, indexed information, photos, etc., for various counties in the following US states: Alabama, Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Michigan, North Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Virginia.
Other things that might interest you. Maybe. Maybe Not. But maybe.
© Copyright 2014 4YourFamilyStory.com -- All Rights Reserved.