- Who you were named after? What nicknames did you go by? How did you get it? Did you like it?
- Which schools did you attend, and what were they like? Who was your favorite teacher? And why were they your favorite? What was your favorite subject? Least favorite?
- Where did you live when growing up - on a farm or in town? What did your house/apartment look like? If a farm, what kind? Where else, if any, did you live? Where did your family live before?
- What was the name of your favorite pet while growing up? Why was it your favorite? Any special stories about your pet?
- When you were a child, what kinds of games did you play? What kinds of toys did you have. What did you do for fun? Who was your best friend? Are you still in touch with them?
- What kinds of chores did you have to do. Did you have a favorite? Least favorite?
- [Especially for older family members:] Did you have a washing machine, a radio, a t.v., a car, or a phone? If they were purchased while you were growing up, what were your thoughts about them? Was it a big deal? Did they make life easier?
- What were your parents like? Easy-going? Strict? What did you learn from them about life?
- What do you remember about your grandparents? What were their names? Where did they live? Where did they come from? Any special stories about them? Did you ever know your great-grandparents? If so, what do you remember about them? Where did they live? Where did they come from?
- What was you very first job? What did it entail? Did you like it? What other jobs did you have? Favorite, least favorite, and why? What made you choose the career path that you did? Are you happy with that decision?
- What was the first car you ever owned? How much did it cost? How long did you have it? Whatever happened to it?
- [If married:] How did you meet your spouse? What was the first thing you thought when you met him/her? What was your marriage proposal like? What kind of wedding did you have?
- [If had children:] What are all your children's names [complete]? Who did you name your children after? Are they family names?
- What presidents were in office in your lifetime? Which ones did you like? Dislike? What important world events happened in your lifetime?
- If you had the chance to do things over again - to live your life over again - what would you do differently? What would you do the same?
- What do you want to be remembered for? What do you want people to know about you?
Oh, this post is available as a PDF document for you to download to your computer where you can then [if you want] print it out. [You're welcome.] Click here: Family History Questions Once it downloads, right-click with your mouse and select "Save As..." or "Print".
[Next post: Gettin' Organized. Are you ready? That's good. At least one of us is. *wink*]