If unable to view the video here, then here is it's direct link:
Yes. And yes.
And while it's easier for you to download it and play with it, I've listed the steps below.
Here are the steps to scanning a photo and uploading to the 1000memories.com site:
- Download the 1000memories Shoebox App.
- Set up a free account at the 1000memories.com site.
- Log in to your account in the app.
- You will have 3 selections at the bottom of your iPhone screen: Featured, Scan, My Shoebox.
- Select 'Scan' and take a picture of the photo.
- Adjust the corners / handles with a finger on the touchscreen until you have it the way you want it.
- Select Crop.
- Select Next.
- You can rotate your photo, if needed.
- Select Next.
- Add the names to everyone in the photo. [You can add new names on the fly at this step and later add additional information on the site later.]
- Enter a caption, date taken, and location. [This step can be skipped and the information can be added later. But if you're doing this at your grandma's house and she's standing right there, you should probably get the info from her now OR look on the back of the photo to see if some wonderful person wrote any info on the back. It's always best to get this info entered in sooner rather than later.]
- You can also choose to share this photo and info on both Twitter and Facebook once you configure your accounts.
- Select done. And the photo and information are uploaded to the site.
The settings selection does give you a brief overview of the steps as well as a place to handle typical account settings.
It's really simple to use. The scanning technology is spot on.
You know what I foresee? [I know. Oh. No.] I foresee a Thanksgiving holiday with family members of all ages pulling out their iPhones, downloading this app, digging into old shoeboxes, and scanning old family photos. After eating turkey and pie and all while watching football, of course.
Try it. I think you'll like it. Besides it's FREE. Get more information and/or download the app now: 1000memories.com/shoebox
And That's An App Thursday,
[Other than being asked by 1000memories to review their app that they provided to me for free, I have not been compensated in any way. These are my own opinions. Please take a look at my disclosure statement for more information.]