Genealogy Research, Coaching, & Presentations
- Genealogy & Family History Research, specializing in United States research, especially original documents in Texas, states that neighbor Texas, and "feeder" states. Being conveniently located in the Houston, Texas area, I research in repositories in southeast Texas and southwest Louisiana. Have you taken a DNA test? I can help you interpret your results and help use the results to help you find your ancestry. You receive a genealogical research report with copies of associated documents and full citations of the family history research you want conducted based on your budget. This can be further customized to fit your needs. Not sure what you need exactly? I'm available for a free 30-minute consultation in order to narrow down exactly what you want and need based on your budget. Contact me to schedule your free consultation. Let's talk it over!
- DNA Test Coaching — (In-person, or online using Zoom) Whether you've taken a DNA test or have been thinking about it, I can help you get started with your DNA for genealogy journey! I can help you decide which company to test with; help you test; help you interpret your results; explain how to incorporate your results with traditional genealogy research to help you solve your family tree mysteries.
- Record Retrieval — Need a document in Houston, Texas, or the surrounding area? Let me retrieve it for you.
- Genealogy Research Coaching — (In-person, or online using Zoom) I can provide you with step-by-step guidance with your research showing you how to begin genealogy; showing you how to make a research plan; showing you how to find repositories and how to research in them; showing you how to break down a genealogy research brick wall, giving your research problem a new perspective, or customizing the coaching to fit your individual needs. And you don't have to be near me to let me help you with your research! We can conduct the training sessions using Zoom. All sessions are recorded and you receive the video to refer back to again and again. Plus, you receive a short summary of our sessions with tips and helps that we discussed during your session.
- Research Plan Assistance — Need help on a particular brick wall but want to do the research yourself? I can create an actionable research plan to get you headed down the right path!
- Genealogy & Technology Presentations and Workshops for Groups and Organizations — I would be honored to speak to your genealogy group! Check out my topics list below which range from methodology to technology to regional presentations that will delight and inform your genealogy group!
- Are you a professional genealogist whose client's research has led to Texas? I can provide research consultation, retrieve documents, and/or provide research assistance on the Texas portion of the research.
Just as every family history is unique, so are your family history research needs. If you don't see something listed, Contact me. We will work together to find a solution to finding and preserving your family's story! And since every situation is different we can work out together exactly what you want, how much it will cost, and how long it will possibly take. (Note: ordering and receiving records can take time.) This way there are unexpected costs or any "unknowns" are lessened for you.
I would be honored to speak to your genealogy group. I'm available for both presentations for your meetings and for full-day seminars located anywhere. Download my presentation topic list and short bio below and contact me about fees and arrangements.
Download the Presentation Topics List below:
Download my short biography and image below:
|File Size:||142 kb|
Looking for a different type of presentation or seminar/workshop ideas than what are listed? Contact me and we can discuss something appropriate for your group's needs. I'm also available to do these presentations via Webinar with GoToWebinar.
Caroline is a wonderful speaker and is a skilled expert of her craft. She is diligent in presenting the most up to date information using technology and genealogy to train others. As a speaker for our library system she was creative and innovative in her programming. We will definitely be asking Caroline back in the future.
~ Heather Kramer, Genealogy & Local History Librarian, Montgomery County Memorial Library
Thanks to Caroline Marshall Pointer, I am becoming a Buffer fiend. She does a great social media tutorial...
~ Denise Levenick, The Family Curator
© Copyright For Your Family Story 2016 - All Rights Reserved