- In her keynote yesterday, Annelies van den Belt announced findmypast.com's new app, Capture, is coming soon.
- I spoke with Mike Davis yesterday and he showed me the new design for StoryPress that will be going into beta soon. With its Pinterest-like design and interface, interviewing your family members will be a wonderful experience! While it can be used as a standalone product, a user will be able to upload their interviews to their FamilySearch Family Tree if they desire or are using that platform. It will also be available for iOS as well as the web with Android coming out later in 2014. Stay tuned for more details.
- I spent some time in the Demo Theater yesterday listening to short tech & research presentations here at Rootstech. Really good stuff. While I'll go more in-depth in separate blog posts about each one, here are links to them so you can take a look: Treelines, Rootspoint, and Backblaze. And if you're here at Rootstech & have your laptop with you, go to the Backblaze booth in the Expo Hall and they'll upload Backblaze to your laptop and give you a year worth of service for FREE. [I use Backblaze myself and love it.]
- From Claire on Irish Genealogy News: Rootsireland.ie added Waterford death records to their online collection.
- USGenWeb added 3 files yesterday for the US state of North Carolina.
- And yesterday, Ancestry.com added a new database for New Zealand for those who have a World Subscription.
Other things that might interest you. Maybe. Maybe Not. But maybe.
© Copyright 2014 4YourFamilyStory.com -- All Rights Reserved.