- Have French-Canadian ancestors? The Library and Archives Canada Blog has a nice helpful piece on nicknames and "dit names". This is also helpful information to know when doing research on Louisiana/French ancestors as well.
- Trying to figure out the tools to use to scan microfilm on the reader when the repository you're at is jam-packed full of people? The Family Curator, Denise Levenick, gives some great tips on technology tools to use.
- Feeling lucky? Ancestry.com has a Branch Out contest going on. Will you be their next winner?
- Still feeling lucky? The Texas State Genealogical Society is seriously excited about what they're giving away. Will you be their winner?
- Your learning opportunities abound this week. Explore what's out there waiting for you: Dear Myrtle's Genealogy Webinars, Chats, & Hangouts Calendar is FULL this week.
- Yesterday USGenWeb volunteer contributors uploaded 190 files for various counties in the following US states: Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Idaho, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Virginia, Washington, and Wyoming.
- Got a lot of "stuff" piled around that you need to scan? Everyone does. And it's not gonna scan itself. Unfortunately. [Because I'd be all over that scan plan if it existed.]. So? Sunday ScanDay is a Facebook Group where a group of us [Surprise!] virtually "meet" and scan our "stuff" every Sunday at 3PM CT. And chat. And scan. And chat. And scan. And chat. And...well, you get the picture. [Heh.] Join us?
Did you miss a day this past week? Maybe?
- Did you miss the 8 genealogy things you needed to know yesterday?
- How about the 11 genealogy things you needed to know Friday?
- And how about the 9 genealogy things you needed Thursday?
- Maybe the 12 genealogy things you needed Wednesday?
- What about the 12 genealogy things on Tuesday?
- Perhaps the 10 things on Monday?
- The 6 last Sunday?
© Copyright 2014 4YourFamilyStory.com -- All Rights Reserved.