- From the SearchReSearch Blog, Daniel M. Russell shares the special technique we need to effectively search Google Scanned Newspaper Archives. [Daniel works for Google so he should know. You are using newspapers in your family history research, right?]
- On Genea-Musings, Randy gives us an overview of the look and feel of recently launched Legacy 8.0 genealogy database software.
- On Julie's Genealogy & History Hub blog, Julie points out to us 2 frustrations she's having with Legacy 8.0 and then in another post points out another potential problem with it and the solution she's found.
- Speaking of genealogy database software and what we'd like it to do, on Google+, Tamura Jones points out many of the articles he has written on the subject as well as points out a recent blog post Louis Kessler has written on the subject. [Hopefully the genealogy database software vendors will read them.]
- Nov 30th is the deadline for this awesome early bird discount for Rootstech registration. [Makes a great holiday gift. I'm going. Will you be there?]
- Here are some great holiday gift ideas for genealogists, for family historians, for tech geeks, and for family historians to give to their family members: Apple's Black Friday-only Sale, 10 Tech Bargains for Black Friday 2013 (Makeuseof.com), 50 Gifts for Genealogists this Christmas (One Rhode Island Family), How to Make a Photo Book This Weekend (The Armchair Genealogist)
- The Association of Professional Genealogists (APG) announces its newly elected President and Board. Congratulations to them all!
- On GenVines, Janell informs us of 3 newly added databases to Fold3.com.
- On Wednesday, GenWeb volunteer contributors uploaded 36 files for various counties in the following US states: Arkansas, Iowa, Illinois, Louisiana, Michigan, North Carolina, New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Washington. And yesterday, they uploaded 187 files for Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Washington.
- And a big thanks to Tamura Jones for naming 4YourFamilyStory's Things You Need to Know as Best New Blog Feature for 2013 in his annual Geneablog Awards!! And congratulations to the other award recipients, Tim Forsythe and Dear Myrtle!!
Other things that might interest you. Maybe. Maybe not. But maybe.
© Copyright 2013 4YourFamilyStory.com -- All Rights Reserved.