- Need to explain something on your computer to someone else? Snag-It has added screencasting to its features. Amit on Design Inspiration shows you how to use it.
- If you're using the Chrome browser on your desktop, are you using it on your mobile devices too? Here's an easy peasy video from CNet to show you Five Super Useful Features in Chrome Mobile.
- The Archivist of the United States announced yesterday the upcoming closure of the Anchorage, Alaska NARA facility and the consolidation of facilities in Fort Worth, Texas and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- On Cousin Linda, Linda reveals Swedish Online Churchbooks will be free to access this weekend on ArkiveDigital.se.
- MyHeritage kicked off their global initiative with Billiongraves.com by digitizing a cemetery recently. [Are you using Billiongraves to digitize cemeteries? How about for your research?]
- Google Drive has added, um, add-ons to help you do more with your word processing, spreadsheeting, and such. And Martin on ghacks.com gives you an overview on how to install & use them.
- Ancestry.com has added 4 new databases for Ireland and has updated 3 for the UK and the US states of Florida and New Jersey.
- FamilySearch.org recently added and/or updated record images and/or record indexes for Mexico and the US states of Indiana and Pennsylvania. They also updated the 1900 & 1920 US Census databases as well as the US Public Record Index database.
- The Indiana Genealogical Society has added the Putnam County 1870 Mortality Schedule Index to the members-only portion of their site.
- USGenWeb volunteer contributors uploaded various types of records for various counties in the following US states: Alabama, Florida, Michigan, and North Carolina.
Other things that might interest you. Maybe. Maybe not. But maybe.
© Copyright 2014 4YourFamilyStory.com -- All Rights Reserved.