- Is one of your 2014 resolutions to preserve your family's photographic treasures? Then you'll want to check out PhotoTree.com's new beautifully illustrated Kindle Book -- Archive Photography. [Lots of tips and how-tos at a very reasonable price!]
- MyHeritage has added searching for records by location to their SuperSearch. [Super fly or yay!]
- The Scanner Pro app for iOS devices by Readdle is free this week.
- Your Genetic Genealogist, CeCe Moore explains FTDNA has released X-chromosome Matching Data. She also includes some great explanatory screenshots.
- Dear Myrtle has a great list of all the upcoming FREE webinars for 2014 planned by The National Archives [UK].
- The Southern California Genealogical Society [SCGS] has a bargain alert for new Ancestry.com subscribers. If you've been thinking about subscribing to Ancestry.com, you're not going to want to miss this fabulous deal.
- Been pondering which genealogy database software to buy? Check out GenSoftReviews' Users Choice Awards. As the name suggests, these are reviews based on current users. Handy. Just make sure the user whose comments you're looking at are at the same skill level as you are at and they are using the software in the same way you intend to use it.
- As promised, the DAR gives additional information about how they intend to allow the use of DNA results as evidence in new applications.
- In the past 2 days, FamilySearch.org updated the England & Wales Marriage and Death indexes.
- Yesterday, Ancestry.com added a new database to their collections: Peterborough, Ontario, Canada, St. Peter's Cemetery Tombstones, 1857-2000.
- And USGenWeb volunteer contributors uploaded 157 files yesterday for various counties in various US states. However, due to a technological hiccup, the only ones that were listed specifically were the ones for the US state of Florida. Like last time, the others will probably be listed in tomorrow's report. Or if you can't wait, you can check the state that you're researching on in USGenWeb and see if anything new pops up.
Other things that might interest you. Maybe. Maybe not. But maybe.
© Copyright 2014 4YourFamilyStory.com -- All Rights Reserved.