- Did you get an iPhone or iPad over the holidays? Here are 19 handy dandy tricks from BuzzFeed that will knock your socks off. [If you're wearing socks, be prepared.]
- Interested or just maybe thinking about attending the 2014 Salt Lake Christmas Tour? Um, stop thinking and sign up now. There are limited spots and they're almost full.
- Renate gives an update on the destruction of the Franklin County, North Carolina records. [I'm still sickened by this.]
- Have roots in Rhode Island? On Archives.com, Amy Johnson Crow gives a handy breakdown on the Rhode Island records that Archives.com recently added to their databases.
- On FishWrap, Laura gives some tips on how to use Newspapers.com. Speaking of which, when was the last time you checked what they've added? They've added some new newspapers and added pages to existing collections recently.
- If you don't want Google+ users to email you, here are the steps to take to prevent it. [You may not know this about me. I actually want people to email me and network with me, so I find this feature a benefit. Developers of new products and services for our industry find me on Google+. And people ask me questions via email. So it works for me and my goals. However, this may not be your cup of tea. To each his own.]
- Has your research led you to Mexico? On We Are Cousins, Moises provides an abstraction of the 58 families listed on the 1757 Census of Revilla/Guerrero.
- Families in British India Society [FIBIS] has added to their databases: Coode Family Collection; 3300 more births, marriages, & deaths have been added to Allen's Indian Mail 1873; and Arrival & Departures Notices for Bombay 1884.
- Have you prepared for your digital afterlife? Makeuseof.com has a handy infographic on the subject with ideas on how to prepare and things to remember.
- USGenWeb volunteer contributors uploaded 189 files yesterday for various counties in the following US states: Florida, Georgia, Kansas, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Ohio, Oklahoma, Virginia, and Washington.
- And yesterday, Amy Coffin tweeted out a link to a tutorial from Script Tutorials on how to read an old document in other languages:
Other things that might interest you. Maybe. Maybe not. But Maybe.
- Did you miss the 9 genealogy things you needed to know yesterday?
- Was your ancestor in a fraternal order? Here are ways to find out & why you should.
- Here are 9 family tree apps for your iPad.
© Copyright 2014 4YourFamilyStory.com -- All Rights Reserved.