- MakeUseOf.com highlighted a new iPad app yesterday called MarginNote which offers something the other PDF iPad apps don't offer -- viewing your notes on the document while you're viewing the document. [I've not played with it yet, but the screenshots make the app look quite robust.]
- Steller is a beautiful storytelling app for iOS devices. What a beautiful way to tell your story. You know, the one you're leaving behind for your descendants. Check it out in this review on The Next Web.
- Not sure where to find a local genealogical society who has an Irish special interest group so you can figure out & discuss your Irish research problems? No worries. Try this GIS Database Map on the Townland of Origin: Irish Genealogy Research in North America website. [Has some other Irish research resources as well.]
- According to its Facebook Page, findmypast has added to its 1858 Belfast Morning News online database and has added a new online collection for Australia.
- From Claire, on Irish Genealogy News: there's a new guide for those researching County Monaghan; Emerald Ancestors has added Church Census to its collection; PRONI has completed adding its Will Calendar Collection; and news on an upcoming genealogy cruise that includes Irish research. [Want. That. Cruise.]
- While they haven't updated their dates of when they have added certain collections recently, Ancestry.com added 2 new databases yesterday for Massachusetts (State Census, 1855 & 1865). [Good thing I'm looking every day.]
- Ancestry.com is also offering free access to their Irish record collections from today through 17 Mar 2014.
- FamilySearch.org added indexed records for Sweden yesterday.
- The Indiana Genealogical Society added a new database of school records to their members-only portion of their website for Tipton County.
- Genealogy Trails volunteer contributors uploaded various types of records recently for various counties in the following US states: Georgia, Illinois, Michigan, and New Mexico.
- USGenWeb volunteer contributors uploaded various types of records yesterday for various counties in the following US states: Florida, Nevada, Oklahoma, Texas, Virginia, and Wyoming.
Other things that might interest you. Maybe. Maybe not. But maybe.
© Copyright 2014 4YourFamilyStory.com -- All Rights Reserved.