- According to Terry White, this is an AWESOME microphone for Mac, iPad, and iPhone. So, I bet if you had a bunch of relatives to interview or, say, a family reunion coming up, this might come in handy.
- On the GenealogyBank blog, Scott shows how to research old military records and war stories in newspapers.
- On the Fishwrap, Karen explains Newspapers.com collaborative project with the University of North Carolina to digitize pre-1923 newspapers.
- If you are researching your hispanic ancestry in deep south Texas, then county ranch histories are invaluable. Moises highlights one for Hidalgo County, Texas. [I'm from there.]
- Have Irish roots? From Claire on Irish Genealogy News: John Grenham's Irish Ancestors database has been recently updated.
- The Families in British India Society (FIBIS) has added another 3000 extracted births, marriages, and deaths from Allen's Indian Mail 1880.
- As part of their 100 in 100 Campaign, findmypast.com has added record set 48 (The Daily Mirror, 1915).
- Yesterday, FamilySearch.org added record indexes and record images for Brazil, Chile, the Czech Republic, New Zealand, and the Ukraine.
- Ancestry.com updated a database for Sweden. Plus, they added 7 FamilySearch databases. [And don't forget this when looking at FamilySearch databases on Ancestry.]
- Recently, Genealogy Trails volunteer contributors uploaded various types of records for various counties in the following US states: Alaska, Connecticut, Illinois, Nevada, and North Carolina.
- USGenWeb Archives volunteer contributors uploaded various types of records yesterday of various counties in the following US states: Georgia, Louisiana, Michigan, Ohio, Virginia, and Washington.
Today's Featured Resource
Other things that might interest you. Maybe. Maybe not. But maybe?
© Copyright 2014 4YourFamilyStory.com -- All Rights Reserved.