- Need an extra screen for your laptop? Try using your iPad. See how on Lifehacker.
- Have roots in Texas? UNT's Portal to Texas History recently became a Service Hub for the Digital Public Library of America. Are you using the Portal to Texas History for your research? It has historical Texas newspapers, early back issues of the Texas State Genealogical Society's Quarterly Stirpes, manuscripts, letters, documents, and more -- all free and fully searchable.
- Have roots in Georgia? The Vienna Progress has been added to the South Georgia Historic Newspapers Archive. (Blog of the Digital Library of Georgia) Plus, in the announcement is a list of all newspapers in that archive.
- Yesterday, FamilySearch.org added record indexes and record images for Colombia, Hungary, and Poland. They also updated the US WWI Draft Registration Cards database.
- Yesterday, Ancestry.com added a new database for the US state of Michigan (divorce records) and updated an existing database for the US state of Washington (passenger & crew list.)
- USGenWeb Archives volunteer contributors uploaded various types of records yesterday of various counties in the following US states: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Michigan, Oklahoma, and Virginia.
Other things that might interest you. Maybe. Maybe not. But maybe?
© Copyright 2014 4YourFamilyStory.com -- All Rights Reserved.