- On the Stories to Tell blog, we learn how important social context is to writing about our ancestors.
- Did your New Mexico ancestors make these papers? On the Ancestor Hunt blog, Kenneth shows us how to use the online New Mexico Historic Newspapers collection to find more about our ancestors.
- Speaking about finding more about our ancestors, are you using Google Scholar? It's totally possible a scholarly paper was written about the time and place our ancestor lived. Freetech4teachers.com shows us how to set up an alert in Google Scholar so that any time a scholarly journal, thesis, academic paper, etc., is added with a specific keyword or phrase, we're alerted.
- Also from Freetech4teachers.com is a short tutorial on how to use Google Books for research.
- On Techcrunch, Steve O'Hear shows us a new app that doesn't require us to "bump" devices to share files.
- New records were added or updated to FamilySearch.org yesterday for Brazil, Mexico, and the U.S. state Montana.
- U.S. GenWeb volunteer contributors uploaded 289 files yesterday for the following U.S. states: Alabama, Georgia, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, North Carolina, Ohio, Texas, and Virginia. Did they add something you've been needing for your research?
© Copyright 2013 4YourFamilyStory.com -- All Rights Reserved.
Other days, other things that might interest you...