- The National Genealogical Society's [NGS] 2014 Conference Brochure is now online & downloadable. Remember: Conference registration begins 1 Dec 2013. *putting on my calendar to remind you*
- Thomas Kemp informs us GenealogyBank.com has added over 31 million articles from over 300 newspapers to its newspaper archives this past month and he gives us direct links to some of the new additions.
- Take a look at Voyzee, an all-in-one mobile storyteller app & available for iOS and Android, let's you tell your story in your voice. Launched just last week, it's already had over 65,000 downloads and has made the top 5 in iTunes for free Photo & Video apps.
- Yesterday, Ancestry.com added 3 new databases: 2 for TEXAS [images -- death & birth certificates] and then the U.S. Album for Criminals, 1906. [Exciting stuff!]
- Okay. I think Florida & Michigan USGenWeb volunteer contributors are in a competition. And Michigan is kickin' butt. Yesterday, contributors uploaded 2459 files. [2459!!!] And Michigan volunteers were responsible for 2318 of 'em. Anywho, contributors uploaded files yesterday for the following U.S. states: Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Oklahoma, Texas, Virginia, and Washington.
- Google Scholar Library, which allows you to create & maintain a personal library of Scholar articles, was launched recently. [Handy.]
- Some new pages were added to newspapers on Newspapers.com for Pennsylvania, Illinois, California, North Carolina, and Iowa.
- Am I the only one who gets excited when they see tweets like the one below? Criminals, prison records, and the like always do it for me. And "free" does it for me too. Another year of Indexed Dumfries Prison Registers is now online. Free.
Correction: Yesterday's link for the updates to USGenWeb for Nov 18th was incorrect. My apologies. Here's the correct link.
Have you used this resource?
Joe Beine is celebrating 10 years of maintaining the Online Death Indexes Website. Learn about his story behind the start of the website, and then go look up those ancestor deaths on deathindexes.com. It's free.
© Copyright 2013 4YourFamilyStory.com -- All Rights Reserved.