- Here are two more limited-time Irish-related specials: Ancestry has a 10% discount on their DNA kits (Hat tip: Lorine from the Olive Tree Genealogy blog.); and Eneclann is offering a 10% discount. (Hat tip: Claire on Irish Genealogy News.)
- These might be "terrific" for academic portfolios, but these web tools are also terrific for family historians who want to create a family history website. (Hat tip: Educators Technology.)
- Have roots in New Hampshire? On the Cow Hampshire Blog, Janice introduces Sixteen Completely Free Ways to Research Your Family Tree in New Hampshire.
- Findmypast has added several more databases to its online collections: passenger list records for Baltimore, Boston, New Orleans, New York, and Philadelphia (Hat tip to Claire on Irish Genealogy News.); and from the findmypast Australia Facebook Page, 30,000 NSW Junior and Senior Public Examination Records 1867-1916.
- Along with the 2 record image and record index updates already mentioned here yesterday for England (Cornwall & Devon Parish Registers) and the New England Petitions for Naturalization, FamilySearch.org added more record indexes and record images yesterday for the following: Peru (Huánuco, Civil Registration), Quebec (Notarial Records) , Spain (Cádiz Municipal Records), and the US state of North Carolina (Estate Files). They also added digitized images of Obituaries from the American Historical Society of Germans from Russia.
- Yesterday, Ancestry updated an already-existing database for Germany.
- The Indiana Genealogical Society added a database for DuPauw University Graduates to the members-only section of their website.
- The Florida Genealogical Society announced the completion of their digitization project: Naturalization Records for Hillsborough County, Florida. And it's free to access. (Hat tip: FGS Voice Blog.)
- And USGenWeb volunteer contributors uploaded various records for various counties in the following US states: Florida, Georgia, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, North Carolina, and Virginia.
Other things that might interest you. Maybe. Maybe not. But maybe.
© Copyright 2014 4YourFamilyStory.com -- All Rights Reserved.