- Not-so-good news for 23andme. FDA calls for a halt on sales until 23andme can give them needed verifications on the reliability of the medical testing predictions. Read more on Reuters.com. For more information also check out the 23andme Facebook Page.
- Meanwhile, if you had getting your DNA tested for ancestry research purposes on your holiday gift list, FamilyTreeDNA has a holiday sale going on through 31 Dec 2013 on their Y-DNA and their Mitochondrial DNA tests. And if you choose their Family Finder Test, then you can get a free $100 Restaurant.com Gift Card.
- Don't forget the Office 15-minute webinar on the Excel Web App is today.
- Legacy Family Tree 8.0 genealogy database software has finally been released.
- The Personal Digital Archiving 2014 conference will be held in April in Indiana at the Indiana State Library. Currently, they have a call for papers. Registration begins in February of 2013.
- Promising, a "whirlwind tour of the globe" packed between its covers, the winter issue of Irish Roots is now available.
- On The British GENES Blog, Chris informs us of updates to the Original Record website and that Rootsireland.ie has a 40% sale on access to their online records.
- Yesterday, Ancestry.com updated 2 databases for UK and Poland and added indexing for 5 web-based sites for Ohio, Michigan, and Oklahoma.
- And USGenWeb volunteer contributors uploaded 265 files for various counties in the following US states: Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Louisiana, Michigan, Ohio, Texas Virginia, and Wisconsin.
Other things that might interest you. Maybe. Maybe not. But Maybe.
© Copyright 2013 4YourFamilyStory.com -- All Rights Reserved.