- It's time to put your hands together and Welcome the University of British Columbia Library Digitization Centre to the Flickr Commons! This collection is brimming with photos, manuscripts, letters, glass plate negatives, and the like.
- For Evernote users: Livescribe adds Evernote auto-send for handwritten digital notes and Publish Great Content from Evernote with Postach.io.
- So, here's a great example of why you can't do everything in the cloud. A good lesson to keep in mind when deciding on where to put all your research as well. Should you put it up all in the cloud and not have it anywhere else? Further, should you rely on web-based applications only?
- On Fishwrap, Taraya introduces the historical Women's Army Nurse Corps and shows you how to learn more about it on Newspapers.com.
- On GenealogyBank, Mary shows you Where to Find Passenger Lists to Trace Your Immigrant Ancestors.
- Yesterday, FamilySearch.org added record indexes and record images for Brazil, the Netherlands, and the US states of Pennsylvania, Tennessee, and Washington. They also added to the US General Index to Pension Files and the US WWI Draft Registration Cards databases.
- Ancestry.com added a record index and record images for the 1905 New York State Census.
- Recently, Genealogy Trails volunteer contributors uploaded various types of records for various counties in the following US states: Connecticut, Nevada, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, and West Virginia.
- USGenWeb Archives volunteer contributors uploaded various types of records yesterday of various counties in the following US states: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Louisiana, Michigan, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Texas, Virginia, Washington, and Wyoming.
Other things that might interest you. Maybe. Maybe not. But maybe?
© Copyright 2014 4YourFamilyStory.com -- All Rights Reserved.