For those not in the know, Evernote is a popular note-taking app that can help you keep up with note-taking online or offline, and it will keep you organized like a file cabinet.
What makes it so very handy is that it's available on the web [providing cloud storage], for your desktop [or laptop], and for your mobile device [smartphone, tablet, etc.]. And it syncs your data for you.
In a courthouse looking up all those divorces your grandfather had [I know a little something about that.], and you find something fabulous [like a copy of his will that indirectly names his last mistress. True story.]? No problem. Make a note in Evernote. And/or snap a photo of the will & send it straight to your Evernote account with your smartphone.
And like magic *snaps fingers*, upon opening, it will sync to your web-based Evernote account, your desktop, and/or your tablet. In fact, wherever you have Evernote installed with the same account, it will sync your stuff.
So, over a glass of wine later you can read your grandfather's will over and over in private and with your sister and think about what a jerk your grandfather really, really was. [True. Did that.]
So no matter if you're chasing ancestors or living cousins, online or offline, you're sure to be organized with Evernote. And that's important for a researcher of jerks. Oops, I mean ancestors. ;)
So check out the latest links about Evernote:
- What is Evernote? My Favorite Productivity Tool! by Lynn Terry on clicknewz.com
- 8 Evernote Tools to Get Travel-Organized by Annie Wallace on theadventourist.com
- The simplest productivity feature in Evernote I didn’t know by Christopher S. Penn on christopherspenn.com
- Tuesday’s Tip - Evernote and Family Tree Research by Diane Hewson on Family Stories: Photographs and Memories
- EverClip – Clip texts and images in any apps and send to Evernote by Barbh on appcraver.com
- Evernote launches Skitch 2.0, brings it to iPhone and iPod touch for the first time by Nick Summers on thenextweb.com
And a couple of new videos on the recent Skitch upgrade: