Now for my goals for 2012.
On 4YourFamilyStory Blog
- Blog 5 posts a week [Mon-Fri] on 4YourFamilyStory.com, with some being video posts when appropriate.
- Add tutorials to the blog postings where appropriate.
- Send out the weekly newsletter for 4YourFamilyStory.com on Friday afternoon for the weekend.
- Introduce the 48 Hour Challenge which will be a forum added to the site where readers can work together over the weekend using online resources only to solve an ephemera mystery [find the family story behind a piece of ephemera] similar to my Postcard Tweet-a-thon that I did over the holidays. Will also involve either ephemera from my personal collection and reader provided ephemera. Can you solve it in 48 hours? Each week's piece of ephemera will be introduced every Friday in a blog post.
- One Heritage craft how-to video per month.
- Consistently set-up auto-tweets for blog posts taking into consideration that readership is worldwide. Post at optimum times.
- Every Saturday, write 6 blog posts for the upcoming week, 5 for the blog and 1 for the newsletter.
- Every Sunday, analyze ads and decide which ads to place on blog and where.
- Pursue more guest blogging and product/service reviews.
- Ebook involving technology and genealogy [Idea and name of book are already fleshed out and domain is already registered for it because it's that big of an idea. It needs its own website.]
- Explore the idea of a Heritage Craft How-To ebook for holidays. [This one is pushing it, I think, but we'll see.]
- Promote blog posts and ebook(s) through social media.
On BloggingGenealogy.com Blog
- Launch BloggingGenealogy.com on January 31, 2012.
- Continue writing a blog post a day for the month of January so that when blog is launched, over a month's worth of posts are completely written.
- Continue writing a blog post per day to stay over one month ahead.
- As blog posts are written, expand on each concept to prepare for ebook to be published by FGS2012.
- Promote blog posts and ebook through social media.
- Research, compile, and write an article every 2 months according to set schedule.
- Promote past articles through social media on a regular basis.
Houston Genealogy Examiner Column
- Write 3 Examiner articles per week.
- Visit at least one local possible genealogy repository or resource per week to be featured in one article per week. This will involve video and slideshows where appropriate.
- One article per week will rotate between focusing on how readers can share their research with others, on techniques to help new researchers, and on ways to organize research.
- One article per week will focus on Clayton Library's weekly programs as well as that week's genealogical societies' events for the next week.
- Once a month will be an article showcasing genealogy research on a local family's line. This will involve video and/or slideshows where appropriate.
- Promote articles through social media.
- Rootstech 2012
- SCGS Jamboree 2012
- FGS 2012
- East Texas Historical Association's Spring 2012 Meeting in College Station, Texas
- Texas State Historical Association's 2012 Annual Meeting
- Family History Conference in Kingwood, Texas
- 2nd Annual Houston History Conference
- Angelina College Genealogy Conference in Lufkin, Texas
- Attend & participate in the once-a-month Chaparral Genealogical Society Meetings.
- Attend & participate in the once-a-month Montgomery County Genealogical and Historical Society Meetings.
- Member of the following long distance societies: Johnson County Illinois Genealogical and Historical Society and the Texas State Genealogical Society.
- NIGS ~ Google for the Genealogy Wise Genealogist
- Explore and register for 2 more courses.
It's a big list. Can I get it done? I'm gonna try. =)