- Dear Myrtle is having a GeneaSleepover Google Hangout On Air to help support FamilySearch's Worldwide Indexing Event.
- Here's a list of 5 very, very handy Google Drive add-ons from Makeuseof.com.
- Are you a genealogist? [Duh.] Are you having problems focusing? [Um, ye- Look! Another ancestor!] On The Ancestor Hunt, Kenneth gives 6 ways to help with that. [Well, with the focusing part. I'm thinking the genealogist thing is an addiction we've no control over really. ;) ]
- Watch 23andme's Hangout on Air, 1000 New Cousins! Now What?. [Indeed. Now what?!? Is there any doubt as to why we seem to be losing our focus?]
- Have roots in Iowa? [Yes!] The Fort Dodge Public Library (Iowa) now has 56 local and area historical newspapers and publications spanning 1856-1934 that are online and searchable for its patrons.
- Preserve the Pensions is raising an army and needs you...me...all of us to be that army to donate in order to digitize all the War of 1812 pension applications to make them available free forever for everyone on fold3.com. $45 digitizes 200 pages. $100 digitizes *counts on fingers* 444 pages. Ohmigosh. Math. *shudders* But? I did the math for you. All you have to do is donate now.
- Have Irish roots? [Yes!] From Claire on Irish Genealogy News: Irish Roots has a new e-store.
- Genealogical research is kinda like crime analysis, at times. Don't believe me? Read this post by Scott Dickson on Bair Analytics and see how he uses it for crime analysis and see what you think. And if you are using Google Maps for genealogy research analysis share how in comments below. [Don't be shy.]
- Yesterday, Ancestry.com added a new database for Georgia and updated an existing database for Poland.
- Yesterday, FamilySearch.org added record indexes and record images for Brazil, the Czech Republic, and the US state of Mississippi.
- USGenWeb Archives volunteer contributors uploaded various types of records yesterday of various counties in the following US states: Arizona, Florida, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, and Virginia.
- It feels good to be back. And thanks for reading! *sips coffee* [And by "sips" I mean gulps.]
Other things that might interest you. Maybe. Maybe not. But maybe?
- Here are 9 family tree apps for your iPad.
- Stuck on Ancestry.com? Use these 5 tips to get you unstuck.
- Get your genealogy research organized with Evernote. [Warning: This is a free video. With some freebies. If you don't like free videos that show you how to do something to make your genealogy life easier, you're not gonna like it. I also do it as a presentation live and in person. ]
© Copyright 2014 4YourFamilyStory.com -- All Rights Reserved.